Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I ATE REAL FOOD !!!


Tuesday
Updating Notice

It has been brought to my attention that several people were left in the dark because I was not able to update my blog myself and I had no one else to do it for me. Well, I have changed things. My daughter-in-law Brooke has sweetly agreed to keep you updated on my behalf the next time I am in the hospital. On good days I will write up what I want on the blog and give it to her. On bad days she will have to figure out just what to tell you and how. I hope this will put all of you at ease the next time I end up in there. Let’s pray that if there has to be a next time that it is a long time from now and the stay is less serious and shorter. I just want the same great care. I want to say that I am sorry that you were left in the dark during this last hospital stay.

I have finally met my VNA Nurse, Katie, in person. I really like her and believe that we are going to be able to work well together. She is into the details when she needs to be but she can make do with what she has to if she needs to. Katie was very helpful with going through all of the supplies that had been delivered by the VNA and let me know which ones are here for when she or another nurses comes and which ones are for my use.
It seems that instead of expecting the nurses to carry a car full of medical supplies they have the appropriate stuff sent to each patient’s house. That way it doesn’t matter which nurse comes what she needs is here just waiting for her. Now I just need a better way to store the supplies. I want them out of sight, the world doesn’t need to know that I have all this stuff.
Taking “granny’s” formula is staying down today.  But that only takes me through lunch. Now what will the rest of the day be like.
I treated myself, after a very short visit to my PCP I stopped at Walgreens to get a couple of scripts and found a beautiful sundress on sale. I brought the dress. I haven’t gotten any new clothes since I learned I have cancer, but in that length of time I have lost 30 pounds. Sadly I lost the weight the hard way. But now I have something to wear that is the right size. Hurray, for the small blessings in life.
I decided to live dangerously when it comes to my dinner. I had a hamburger patty, a glass ginger ale and a small dish of sherbet. Now I need to wait about 2 hours to see what happens. But boy, did it taste good! Also, being able to eat this shows that my sore throat is going away. Now I have greater hope on being able to eat instead of using the G Tube.
But let us be realistic and understand that this is only a short lived thing. We have no idea if or how long it will take before the mass grows back into my esophagus. I plan to enjoy each day for the own great things. At the end of the day I try to think of all the good things that happened to me that day. For example last night one of our neighbors’ stopped by with some fresh cut flowers from his own garden. He gave us an arrangement of Blacked Eyes Susan’s and some Queen’s Anne’s Lace. That was a great act for this old friend of the family to do. He said he chose the Black Eyed Susan’s because I am a Susan. We have known this man for over 50 years. Thanks Eddie.

Today I could do a Snoopy Dance or two. All of my food has stayed down. And it did not hurt a lot to eat it. Thank you Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment