Monday, July 30, 2012

Good Health


Just another Monday

Today started out rocky but it did get better has the day moved along.  

I had a visit from a dear friend and we figured out a way to make me a special “bag” to carry my medicine machine. The bag that was provided just doesn’t work for me. First of all it has to go over one of my shoulders. That is a problem, my left shoulder has a mass that the weight of the machine pulls on and causes pain. Then on my right side I have a “port” for the IV where the medication goes into me, again the pull on that side also causes pain. Then there is the fact the strap slips and the machine will slide from behind me to in front of me, knocking whatever is in my hands.
I look forward to this new “bag” so that I can carry the machine and have it stay where I want it. It will be on my right hip and not move around my waist. Another problem that I have is remembering to pick up the machine every time I go to get up. I have started walking away from where I was seated without the machine a lot of times, then it pulls on the needle in my chest, ouch! We also had to put it below my stomach so that it does not interfere with my feeding tube. 

I had no idea just how these tubes and machines were going to complicate just walking around my house. Although these things have made crazy changes to my everyday life they are not stopping me from living my life.
Lately there has been a lot more pain in my left flank area then there was just a couple months ago. That makes me think that the tumor has grown again. I am not surprised about this; I think it is to be expected when you have an incurable form of cancer.
I am back to reading uplifting talks to start my day. With that last hospital stay and getting readjusted to being home I had dropped that practice. But it really helps me to look at the day ahead of me with hope when I feel my mind with good things. It makes it a bit easier for me to face the daily problems of my life. 

I am also waiting to hear from the VNA about my formula. There is some question about just which formula I should be on. They have to check with my doctors before they send me out more cans. I am very glad that they do all that research about what I should have for me. 

I hope that many of you while you read this blog about how complicated my medical life seems to be are counting your blessing for your good health. Don’t take being healthy for granted. Oh how I wish I didn’t have to think so hard about what I CAN eat, not what I want to eat. I am very grateful for the 60 years of great health I have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment