Friday, December 21, 2012

The Post I never wanted to write



The surgery option is off the table. My cancer doctors said that I should not have the surgery and I expected their response.

I saw my primary PCP today and there has been a big change in my condition. There is no good way to say this so I will just say it. I have between 6 weeks and 6 months of life left to live. We must take this week by week. 

Over all I have had a good life so please look back on my life and try to find a good memory you have of me. In fact if you want to help me get through the next few weeks please write out these memories. I would love to read these stories.

For those of you who live far away please do NOT worry about getting to see me. Keeping in touch with me via facebook or e-mail has been great and if that is the only way you can keep in touch with me I am very okay with that.

If you are in the area please call and see if I am up to a visit or am I taking a nap. I don’t usually go to bed before 10 PM, but I do take naps in the morning and in the afternoon, also please understand that I often need short visits, so please understand if I get very sleepy when you come to see me.

I want each and every one of you to have a great Christmas, know that I plan to do the same.




4 comments:

  1. {{{{hugs}}}} I can't hug you in person right now, but I am sending hugs and love to you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} back at you. I always read these messages to Mom. I know that you and your branch of my family love me and pray for me. I am very grateful for those thoughts and prayers.

      Suzie

      Delete
  2. Wish we could be there to spend time with you. I am thankful for facebook, so that we can connect in that way. Know you are in our thoughts and prayers, as well as all my siblings (i made sure they are up to date on your condition.) love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really love to see all of my west coast family but I agree with you about being able to keep in touch through facebook. Thank you for keeping your siblings up to date on how I am doing. I think I have heard from almost all of you and I have loved hearing from all of them.

      Each and every one of you is special to me but I am very comforted by the knowledge that we are an eternal family.

      My love to ALL of you (including your Mom)

      Suzie

      Delete