Sunday, December 9, 2012

A great day for visitors and we had just that.



Sunday has been a lovely day even if we did stay home from Church. I still have a sore throat. I needed to stay home and rest. We did listen to the Church lesson for Sunday School on our Ruko devise and totally enjoyed it.  The professors have become like ole friends we welcome into our home each day. We love how they make each of the ancient prophets seem like old friends of theirs. And that they love to teach about them, and what they want us to know for our day and time

It is great to be able to sit in our home and study the scriptures, doing it at our own pace. I am developing a much greater love for the ancient prophets from both the Book of Mormon and the Bible. I am gaining a greater appreciation of the Lord Jesus’ love for me and you and that gives great comfort to me.  Learning these scriptures gives me greater peace has I face my own death. I wish every person on earth could come to know just how much the Lord Jesus Christ loves him or her and wants the best for each of us. I am sure that there would be greater peace on earth.

Mom and I had company, first from the Presidency of our Relief Society; it is great that they came to see how we are doing. They brought us a Poinsettia plant, and a turkey pot pie. Then my Home Teacher came to give me the monthly message from the prophet on service to the Lord. Then our neighbor Eddie stopped in with some tangerines, he was given more than he could eat, so he is sharing them with us.

The sore throat that has kept me home in bed is starting to go away, but I think it will take a few more days before it is completely healed. But I have no appointments so I should be able to give my body the rest it is calling for. The best to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment