Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day



Hi Friends & Family;

I am sorry that I did not put up a post last night. Yesterday was such a crazy day that in the early evening when I normally write my post I was just too tired to try and write it. So now I will tell you about yesterday and hope you will understand why I was so tired.

A couple from Church came over they had heard the forecast that we were supposed to have several snow storms over the course of the rest of this week and they wanted to make sure that we had EVERYTHING we need to get through the storms. The storm that was supposed to hit last night turned out to only give us a dusting of snow. A homemade storm window for our screen porch windows had been blown down, so he not only put it back in place in made sure none of the rest will come out. They also did other little things like that to make sure we are ready for any storms that could come this week.

Then my lawyer stopped by I needed a couple of documents taken care of so that a dear friend of mine can help me get my 401K and pension money for my funeral if I am not accepted for donation to the science world. I could be denied if I am too thin at the time of my death so we have to be ready either way. This takes a great burden off of my shoulders and I trust this person totally.

Then I needed a visit from my VNA nurse, I was having a great deal of pain around my feeding tube and I was sure that it could be fixed. I mentioned the problem to my cancer doctor’s nurse and she told me that the VNA nurse could fix it and that I did not need to come in and see a doctor to fix this. So Cookie came and did that, then she went out to her car and phoned the other nurse to confirm some things about my care.  She also called her office about formally switching me from palliative care to hospice care. I guess then she called and ordered some medical supplies. After all of that she came back into the house. I signed the papers to make the change to hospice. Then she told us that she had ordered a wheelchair, a hospital bed table and a special recliner that is electric. It will let me lay totally flat, or it will lift the seat to help me get out of the chair if or when I need that help.  

Then my kid brother and family came over to visit while I was laying down and they ended up helping us by making things ready for the delivery of the equipment that we expected. I did get up before they left and I had a delightful visit with them. It turned out that they can’t deliver the recliner until the 26th of December, but that is okay because we are already for it when it gets here.

The wheelchair and bed table have been delivered and a separate delivery of my pain medication was made to make sure that I don’t run out of it over the holiday week.

Today has been a MUCH quieter day and I have been able to move at my own pace and have NO feeling of being rushed for anything.  I have decided that this post is going to do for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. So to all of you who celebrate Christmas have a very Merry Christmas and be sure to remember that Jesus is the reason for the season. To the rest of you Happy Holiday’s however you choose to celebrate at this time of year. I wish all of you the best.  It is now time for me to take a much needed nap. Please be happy with me that I am having a great day, by kid brother stopped by with brunch which was great and then my oldest son and his two kids stopped by for a short but wonderful visit. I am thrilled that my kid brother and family gave a donation to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital in my name has my Christmas gift. What a wonderful thing to do, and a great charity to select.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holiday’s to all

Love,

Suzie

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Auntie, glad you had a nice quite day! our day was great, but not quite! (as you can imagine) My mom was here and we spent some time sharing "Suzies stories" and that was very nice. Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky I hope that telling Suzie stories was uplifting and not a downer for all of you. When I pass on, please do the same thing and please try to teach your children that your Aunt Suzie is out of pain and with her Daddy. Also that I loved to do genealogy and that I expect to do more work on that some how. I will also be very happy teaching others about Jesus and how much He loves them and about Joseph Smith Jr. and what he did while he was on earth. Gee, I just might get to meet him, wouldn't that be great. Please make the point that Aunt Suzie will be happy and some day will see each of them again. Love Suzie

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas cousin, sounds like Christmas Eve was quite eventful. I hope Christmas was the relaxing, spiritual respite that you needed.
    About your last comment, I didn't put you on a pedestal, I was just making a point about open, honest, and friendly communication. We're all just too danged busy to pay as much attention to new converts as we should. Fortunately, we're related so you couldn't get away from me. ;)
    Want a few more memories?
    Remember when I broke my tooth? How could you forget? You did the right thing catching Vicky, she was way too small for that drop. And the thing I remember best is getting about 6 toys from the dentist -- a real thrill for a 5 year old!! LOL!
    Here's another: I seem to recall a story about 2 cousins named Suzie and Darlene setting fire to my parents curtains while babysitting their grandmother. I WISH I'd been there for that one :)
    AND remember when I went to the temple for my endowment and I was in the dressing room for what seemed like FOREVER before I finally got my dress on and joined the rest of you? It wasn't until later you told me the whole fiasco ... that someone else had been given my dress and the temple matron had to track her down and get her out of my dress and into a different one.
    Never a dull moment.
    I hope you have a restful night.
    All my love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, sadly I do not remember Darlene and I starting a fire. I remember starting a fire at my Mom's while watching my brother Steve when we had the great Northeast Blackout in the 1960's. I also don't remember you breaking a tooth, but I am sure it happened I just have never had a great memory. Maybe these things will come back to me when I get to the other side of the veil.

      However, I do remember that day in the Temple! The poor temple worker who gave that other sister the wrong dress. She must have felt horrible when she learned of her mistake. But you handled it all very well.

      From the time you were born we spent many an hour together having great times. I am glad that you feel that a broken tooth is a good memory and not a bad one.

      Love
      Suzie

      PS When I pass hold on to the best memories and please read my reply to Becky (my brother Jim's daughter) and apply those same thought about me to yourself and your kids.

      If my friends and family can use my death to teach their children the Church doctrines on death and help them to not be afraid of death I will be a very happy person. Because I am not afraid of it. The only thing that I am afraid of is not finishing what I need to do here before I die. But our Stake Patriarch has told me that the Lord won't take me before I complete that work. That is a great comfort right now.

      Delete
    2. Well, Stake Patriarchs have a way of knowing these things so rely on that. If you need any help or if there's anything I can do to help just let me know.

      Delete
    3. Because of the distance (miles)between us at this time I can't think of anything you could do for me.However, if that changes I will be sure to let you know.
      Suzie

      Delete