Thursday, December 20, 2012

A trip to the museum



I had a great day, Don and Mary took me to the museums at the Springfield Quadrangle. They took me into the new museum and I had to be pushed in a wheelchair.  I could not have seen any of it if they did not have any wheelchairs. Sadly I can no longer walk through the science museum. We had to do that to see the Ginger Bread “House” display, one display was Cinderella’s carriage with horses all out of ginger bread. This display runs until the end of the month and is well worth going to see.

I took a nap before I went out and needed one when I got back. Then when I got up from the second nap I was tired. Although it is early I am about ready to go to bed.

One of the brothers from the Church came over and prayed with Mom and I and it brought a great deal of comfort to us. The thought of surgery had me very scared, but after our talk and prayer, he also gave us blessing which gave both of us great comfort. This brother has gone through a different form of cancer but seems to be very empathetic to what I am going through and that is something that helps me to be able to him about the treatments they mention to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment