Thursday, December 13, 2012

I broke the pain pump!!!



Today I saw the doctor at the clinic to follow up on my fall and he said that the bruise is healing very well.

I also told him about the breathing problem I had earlier this week and he checked my lungs on a lower amount of O2 down from 3 ltrs to 2 ltrs. and agreed that I only need it set at 2 ltrs. If I needed it any higher in the future I am to turn it up and then get in and be checked by the doctors again. They might need to do another CT scan of my lungs to see what has changed.

While at the clinic a social worker came in to see how I am doing and got very upset that I do NOT have a PCA (personal care assistant) at this time. Brooke and I explained what she does for me and she said that Brooke should get paid to do that through Stavros. She gave Brooke the numbers and told her to call for an application and if she needs any help with the form to come and see her and she will help Brooke. My condition has changed a lot since we tried this in February or March and the social worker is certain that I qualify.

Then when I got home I did a bad thing.  The tubing to my pain pump got stuck on something in the kitchen slipped out of my hand fell to the floor and the cassette broke off from the pump. So here I sit with NO pain medication! A new pump and cassette are on their way so I am resting very quietly trying to keep my pain level very low. This happened at about 1:15 this afternoon it is now 3:30 and I am doing okay so far.
Hurrah! Cindy one of the VNA nurses went and picked up the new pump and cassette and came directly over to me and go me all set with the pain medication.  Right after she left at about 7pm I went to bed and now it is 10:30 and I am awake, not unusual for me, and the pain had gotten up to a 6 and is now down to a 2! I knew that if I gave myself some extra medication used the heating pad and got some sleep the pain would come down.  The Lord blessed me and it worked. I am so thankful that I was able to get a new pump and cassette in the same day and have the pain get knocked down so quickly. What a great age we live in.
Brooke is home from work and told me that she was able to get things started for me to have a PCA. I am very glad that she moved on that so quickly.
God has truly blessed me, the last two weeks have been very trying ones, however, I am very pleased with how things are “falling” into place to get me the help that I need along with the care that I require.  The Lord has helped me to have peace of mind through most of this even when I have not known just how things were going to work out. I now pray that He will give the rest of you the same peace of mind about my welfare. I don’t want my friends and loved ones to worry about me when I am not worried about myself. It is truly wonderful how much peace I get from the simple act of praying to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment