Friday, December 28, 2012

Great Day



Today has been really good. There is an organization here known has Stavros. They pay for sick people to have Personal Care Assistance (PCA). There intake lady came out today and approved me for services, they are funded through my insurance so now we must what for that to go through but in cases like mine it is not usually a problem. I get to hire the PCA myself but they determine how many hours a week of care that I need. That is what the insurance company will pay for. It should not take long for this to go through, but it is going to be a very big help.  Sadly I now need that much help.

I have a very dear friend who is helping me walk through all of the money stuff to know just what I have for a pension, 401K or any other benefits to help pay for a funeral if I am denied for science research for any reason.  At the very last if I become too skinny then they will not accept my body. But at this time we do not believe that will be a problem. I am going to contact the company I want to go through and double check on the status of my paperwork. This dear friend is doing a lot of the leg work for me and taken a great burden off my shoulders. You don’t find friends like this every day. Not only can I trust her with all this she really knows what she is doing and how to do it. I would be so lost if I had to do to any of this on my own. I would have no clue who to call or what questions to ask.  This is just one more reason her friendship is such a blessing to me.

Today I received a beautiful arrangement of flowers with three helium balloons. They read: Thinking of you; You are so special and We love you.  Thank you to Becky and family it is very touching.  Becky claims that I reached out to her when she was in great need and that I was able to really help her. I don’t recall the talk we had, but I am very glad that I was there to help such a delightful young lady has she is. I just pray that Mike knows just what a treasure he got when she agreed to marry him.  They have been blessed with four wonderful children. 

Although I am now getting very tired, it is a good tired because good things have happened all day long. I pray that each of you will be able to note in your journals just how great your day has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment