Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rats & Double Rats


Rats and Double Rats

It feels like the chemo is going to make me sick sooner this time than it did last time. Lunch and I didn’t agree. What is really bad is there is a Church Social that I want to go to tonight. But maybe I will be able to go. I will wait until 5 pm to make that decision. (it is only 2 pm now).

I am really hoping I can go. I would really like to get to visit with my friends from Church. We are all so busy on Sunday’s that we don’t get to just talk then, and I have not been able to stay for all the meetings cutting back even more on getting to say hi to my friends. But the night is not over.

Although I may be down for the evening I am not down for much more than that, I won’t allow that. I will listen to my body so that I can get back up and out as soon as my body will allow.

I find it totally amazing how much ones attitude can do to change one’s health. I am so blessed to be given the gift of looking at life and seeing the glass half full instead of half empty.

Staying home need to be my option tonight but that is okay there will be other Church Socials that I will feel up to going to.

I just hope the Young Women’s had a good turn out this was a fund raiser for this summer’s girls camp. They were going to have a “Potato” Derby, (using a potato instead of a pine wood derby car). There was a $5 entry fee and then they were having a silent desert auction.  The goal is to have enough fund raisers to be sure all of the girls can afford to go to camp for the week this summer. I think it sounded like a great deal of fun and a great cause. I hope my granddaughters did well. Three of them are old enough for girl’s camp this year.

Tonight Yaya won the coconut cake that Brooke baked for the silent auction. Sadly by accident one of the girls’ dropped the other cake before they could get to Church. But everyone says they had a great day. Tomorrow I am going to take photos of the potato “cars”. Best to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. sorry you werent up for going to the social, a potato derby sounds like fun! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete