Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Quiet - Good Day


Today has been a nice quiet day. I have gotten a few things around my room done.

I started my college course. I am taking my time. I have to read 28 pages. I am taking a lot of notes to keep for later. This course might take me two days because I keep taking breaks, like this one. The entire course consists of just ONE lesson. I must say I am only half way through the lesson and wow, there is a lot of things to learn. I know when I want to actually use the military records to do my research I will need the notes I am making now. There is too much to try and remember it all.

I have already selected one of the next courses that I want to take. It is one about the Old Testament. They offer one course on just the book of Genesis. I am fairly certain that will be a lot more lessons than what I am taking right now. I will also take another genealogy course once I am done with this one.

Tonight I tried just a single scoop of chocolate ice cream, now I am waiting to see if it will agree with my body. In the meantime I have given some thought to wearing the mask next Monday for the radiation treatment. After I see how I handle this treatment, if I found it too difficult then I am going to ask for help. I am going to ask for some valium so that I can take it about ½ hour before a treatment to relax me. I believe that my doctors would give me that or some other tranquilizer for that purpose if I simple ask.  Although through a blessing of comfort I will already have asked for the Lord’s help, sometimes He wants us to take advantage of modern medicine has well.  

2 comments:

  1. I found a great way to get relaxed for an MRI and it might help you in getting radiation.

    The first time I tried an MRI I had a panic attack at the closed space and the awful noise and I couldn't do it. So, my doctor gave me some Xanax and I tried again.

    I got 3 Xanax pills, and here's how the pharmacist suggested I take them. I took 2 before I left the house (Nathan was driving). Then, when I got to the MRI facility, just before I got on the table, I put the 3rd pill under my tongue and just let it dissolve. It tasted awful, but it went straight into my blood stream and I was, to say the least, totally relaxed. I tolerated the MRI with ease.

    Afterwards, I took Nathan out for dinner and he commented "Dad, I didn't know you had this mood."

    Maybe that will help with the radiation. Ask your doctor/pharmacist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to really laugh at Nathans comment about your mood. That was great. But seriously, I will talk to my doctor's about that medication and see what they say. I feel better just knowing in this world we have medications that can help us get through things like this. Thank you so much for sharing this will me. I am creating a list of questions to ask when I go in on Monday. One is about skin care because of the way radiation affects the skin I want to know what they suggest for my scalp. I expect that this summer I am going to need to be extra careful about sunburns.

    Love you and I am very grateful for the loving care you give from the other side of the world.

    Suzie
    the crazy & bald

    ReplyDelete