Sunday, June 10, 2012

Airway, Food Tube, Vocal Cords


Airway, food tube, vocal cords

Today I was able to go to Church and stay for all the meetings. However, while singing just one hymn I realized that along the outside of the mass on my neck I have gone into pain. So I am guessing that the mass must also be pressing on my vocal cords. So I may lose my ability to talk. That will be tough just ask anyone who knows me, I will admit that I love to talk. I think I like eating more than talking and I may have to give up both before I die. Yuck, what a rotten thought. But for now my body is telling me that I need to take a nap. So I will listen to my body and write more later.

It is now 8:30 pm, I must have been really tired I slept for nearly 4 hours. Just has I got up we lost electrical power, it was out for nearly 2 hours. Luckily I don’t need oxygen 24 hours a day so I was fine. While the power was out I eat a banana but it came right up on me. Just now I tried the yams, potatoes and carrots leftovers from the other day. Now I just have to pray that that will stay down.

Time for sleep, nothing by mouth after 6 am for a special CT Scan at 9 am it will be done with an IV contrast. Then a second CT Scan at 1:30 to mark my neck for the radiation treatments to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, no - a silent Suzie would indeed be a horrible thing - I pray it doesn't get that far & this round of radiation reduces the swelling enough for that hamburger!

    ReplyDelete