Friday, June 1, 2012

Olive Garden Friday


Olive Garden Friday

Today I was taken out to lunch again, while I can still eat. I expect that next week the chemo will catch up with me and food and I won’t agree again. But till then I am enjoying. A bunch of us went to the Olive Garden and had a great visit.

Then we ran a bunch of errands and it is now 9 pm eastern time and I feel like it is midnight. Oh I feel old right now. But the house is now nice and quiet. So I am going to relax and see if I can sleep.

I look forward to another great day tomorrow. I keep getting great creating cards that give me hope and encouragement. What a joy they give me.

Three of the granddaughters got a surprise today they saw me for the first time since I shaved my head, they were stunned and speechless. One of them is very hard to shut up so it was funny to see her speechless.

They girls have some very good questions wanting to know why I shaved my head and how it feels to have it shaved. We have some great talks and they seem to be trying to understand what they can about what is happening to my body due to the cancer.

One of the nurses in the hospital gave me a great explanation of what was happening in my lungs with the blood clots. She compared them to a road block and that until the road block (blood clot) was gone my blood had to take a detour to get all the way to the lungs to exchange the bad air for the good air. I think even the 9 year old understood it. I wish I remembered the name of the nurse that gave me that explanation because it is such a simple one for children to understand. She really blessed me by sharing it with me so that I could share it with my grandchildren.

I also tried to help them understand why it is important to talk with your doctors and to follow their instructions so that you can help to take care of yourself and in my case maybe even prevent trips to the hospital. Which we all agreed was a great thing to do.

I pray that I am helping to not only educate them but to take the fear of my illness away as much as that can be done. It is amazing to me how the Lord will provide you with knowledge if you will open your mind to learning.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know you're feeling better. I hope it lasts awhile. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will only have small groups of good days until the end of summer which will be when the last round of chemo is done. But I am going to enjoy each good day that I get. I count each one has a blessing. Give my best to your family.

    ReplyDelete