Sunday, June 17, 2012

Two Days


Today was a very nice quiet day. I was able to stay for all three meetings at Church, but I will admit that by the third hour I was getting very tired. I came home and took a three hour nap. Now it is 10 pm and I can’t keep my eyes open.

After my nap and a lite supper of homemade egg drop soup, oh so good! Then Mom, Brooke and I too our trip to Moscow without leaving our house. We owe a great thank to Dave and Barb Sutton. They sent us some really great stuff. We had a neat time reviewing the items they sent us and trying to understand that they see signs of the early 1900s, via horse and buggies around the town. Then they see the 21st century with TV’s computers and the internet. What an amazing thing to see all of these things in the course of their everyday life. They are not part of a town like we have here of Sturbridge Village were people pretend that they are living in the 1800s and people from the 21st century come to visit. What Barb and Dave see is real life each day for all of them.

Next month we have decided to my our “virtual” trip be to Alaska. I hope to do a better job with the next trip than I did this time. I am praying that this round of radiation won’t tire me out so bad and that I can scrape book the stuff has I get it and then have a nicer display to look at. Any help on life in Alaska will be greatly appreciated from anyone.

Even though we already did our trip to Moscow, I still plan to scrape book that stuff. I am going to have a special scrape book for our virtual trips.

I feel at much greater peace with myself and what is happening. Don Jr is coming over tomorrow to give me a blessing of comfort tomorrow that will also be a large help with my emotions

A few people asked me a very simple question. They asked me why I had to wait to get help with my anxiety about this treatment. For the first time I actually thought about that and realized there was no reason to wait. I am very grateful to them for helping me to think kind of “outside the box” one person said I was trying to be a person who I use to be and now I am not that person. When she said that I realized that neither person was bad, just one wasn’t really facing my new reality. It is very nice to have friends who are there to help me become the new person I need to become. This new person is not a bad or weak person but one who has to look at life in a very different way. I think that I will need help learning that and that these friends are going to help me to do that.

Thanks to all of you for being my friends through this very crazy roller coaster ride of life.

PS. I too miss my Dad, but I feel he is watching over me alot lately.  He was a great man in the eyes of the Lord. I don't know or care what the world thought about him.


No comments:

Post a Comment