Thursday, June 7, 2012

College at 60, why not


Great Thursday

Today was a great day, (aside from food, that issue still exists), I had a visit from a couple that are dear friends of mine. Cindy is going to take over doing my Genealogy Corner Booth, at the Scottish Games, in Northampton this summer. If I am up to it I will be there, but all of the planning is be done assuming that I am not able to attend. I figure that way it will be easier on Cindy if I really can’t make it. I am counting on those who have helped me in the past helping me again this year and hoping they can work well with Cindy.

By phone two other dear friends visited me. I like those visits just as much as much as the in person visits. These two friends don’t have cars or computers, the phone is the way for us to keep in touch and it is great.

I am very excited because today I was reminded that BYU offers classes online and that some of them are free. I had no idea just how many they have on the subject of genealogy. So I am going to go to College again. I am starting with a course on how to use military records for genealogy research. It is something I have wanted to do for years. These courses are not for any credits, but I am not looking to get any kind of a degree, just learn more about a subject I have always been interested in. After I finish the 8 classes they offer on genealogy I am thinking I will check out what else I might want to take.

I don’t think I will actually start taking the class until the beginning of next week because I am a new student and need to do all of the registration paperwork. Once that is done I will be able to start the other classes within hours of saying I want to. I have thought about taking classes like this for the past couple of years. I certainly have plenty of time now to do this.

I hope you are all having a great day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment