Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Change" of Subject


Again today I have felt fairly good physically and emotionally. Getting very tired after just sitting up visiting with friends for a couple of hours seems very strange to me.  It has been great to have friends call to see if I am up to company and then come for a short visit.

Today I had a lovely talk about genealogy. It was great to talk about something other than cancer. But it is very surprising to me at just how exhausted that made me.  I have to remind myself that it has only been one week since my last radiation therapy and they told me being tired could last up to four weeks.

I would say I will be glad when that is out of my system. Only by the time the four weeks are up I will have had my first dose of chemo-therapy. So I guess it will be a few months before all of the side effects of treatment are totally out of my body.

I love talking with others about things that interest them along with things we are both interested in.  The change of subject is really good for all of us I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment