Sunday, May 6, 2012

1st weekend of May 2012


Saturday

A new definition of the word miracle has just come into my mind. I am no longer thinking of simply the physical type that would cure me from this rotten thing called cancer. But could I yet get a spiritual miracle in my life one that helps me to be able to return to the very best part of heaven, or the celestial kingdom.

Now that this thought has crossed my mind I am thinking that I would really like to have that kind of a miracle in my life. Although I have always enjoyed life, or at least for the most part, remove the bad days that we all have, and my life has been good.   And I think of just how much of a sinner I am and although I believe the Savior when He teaches that He has redeemed us. I just wonder if my sins are just too great to be washed white through His blood. It is not Him that I question, but myself, that I doubt. Maybe being able to make the celestial kingdom to my mind finds that a miracle.

I say this because the atonement is something that my mind just can’t comprehend in any depth of thought. I am just not smart enough to understand it. From what I understand there are a lot of people many much smarter than myself that don’t understand it either. So having it truly work in our lives is a large miracle to me.

Sunday

I went to Sacrament meeting at the Springfield Chapel, it was closer and I have a lot of friends there that I wanted to see. It was great.

Then my oldest son’s ex-wife brought their two children over and we had a great visit! It was wonderful to see the three of them. They are a little confused by all of this and I tried to assure them that going to Heaven isn’t a bad thing and that only God knows when He will call me home.

Then my middle son came over with another brother and they gave me a blessing for the surgery tomorrow. Then we had a very down to earth talk about how my children are dealing with all of this. From what my middle son says they are all taking it the only way they can and thanks to me accepting the gospel so that they were raised in it that is making it a little easier.

So to those of you that are praying for me please include my Mom, children and grandchildren, oh yea, don’t forget my brothers and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment