Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chemo Round 2 Day 1


Round 2 Day 1:

Is it worth doing anymore chemo-therapy? I can only speak to for myself. It is worth it in my case? When the oncology doctor saw me last week she said that just looking she could see a change in the mass on the left side of my neck, it was smaller by about half. She then examined the mass and it was softer, and now my hair is falling out. I was just told by my nurse that not all chemo will cause hair loss. Now in my case I was told that I would lose my hair. So to answer my own question, yes in my situation I think it is worth it to do the next round of Chemo! I do respect that each person must make their own decision not all forms of Cancer are the same so for other they must make their own mind and must base it on what their body is doing.

While I was having my chemo I placed a call leaving a message for my primary doctor asking her to order refills of some of my medications. After I got home and we were about to sit down for dinner my doctor called me. She wanted to talk to me and wanted to make sure that she had the messages straight and that I would have exactly what I needed.

Some people put down the medical care in our country. I may not have the “best” health insurance company, or the most expensive policy. While I was having my chemo- therapy my insurance company called to check and on my care for this last hospital stay. I think that checking on me like that was very good care.

I count my blessing for the medical care I am receiving throughout this experience with cancer. I feel very sorry for those who don’t feel they are getting good care or don’t feel they can trust their doctors and nurses.

Tonight one of my granddaughters said she could see a bald spot in the back of my head. So I think in the next day or two I will go ahead and have my head shaved. I wouldn’t mind it if the hair just got thinner, but having bald spots all over the head is not cool in my mind. 

Best of all to all of my friends. I really like the cards, notes on facebook, etc. they all bring me a great deal of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment