Friday, May 11, 2012

Clinical Trial


Great News, New Clinical Trial for Adrenocortical Carcinoma; the Cancer I have.

There is a new drug that they are thinking of adding to my chemo therapy.

Doxorubicin

I have read what I could find on the Mayo Clinic website but I am looking for more information.  So if any of you know about this drug I would be very interested to hear what you know.

Please note that I said they are thinking about it and have asked me how I feel about it. We have only done the first of six rounds of chemo on me. That was just this week. I have tolerated the treatment with only hot flashes has a side effect. I go back on the 29th for the second round of chemo. About a week after that they will do a new CT Scan. Then we will be able to see what the radiation and the first two rounds of Chemo have done if anything.

After that the doctors and I will talk about making the possible change to my chemo therapy. I really like the way this entire thing has been presented to me. It is a very rare cancer and they generally only find 300 to 400 people a year with it. They have about 300 in this study, which has not been completed. However, so far the research is looking promising.  They gave me a copy of part of an article published in the New England Journal of Medicine to review.

I have been overwhelmed with Birthday Wishes, taken out for lunch, sung to 4 times, got balloons and cards. I couldn’t have asked for a greater day. I want to thank all of you for making turning 60 a great experience even though I am living with cancer. It would not have been such a great day without all of you sending your thoughts and prayers my way.

THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment