Friday, May 4, 2012

Infusion 101


Introduction to Infusion: 

Today I met with a teaching doctor, what a great lady. She had a three ring binder of information made up for me to take home. We, (Brooke, the doc and I), went over what was in the binder, but not in great detail. So now I have it has a resource for while I am going through chemo-therapy. This lady put me right at ease, I really felt like I could talk with her. Just before I left we saw my primary oncologist and she wanted to give me a hug, just for the sake of giving me a hug which I thought was wonderful.  The teaching doc told the primary doc that she is going to being seeing me next Friday so she needs to have a birthday gift for me because it will be my birthday. I thought that is was funny to hear this. Now what will really be funny is if my primary doc actually gives me a gift or a card.

This afternoon had had yet another friend stop by and we visited for about 2 hours. Although it was long and tired me out a bit, I had a great time. We were able to talk and laugh and just be friends.

Next week I don’t expect to have very much in the line of company, and I am not sure I will be up to it. Seeing has this will be the first week of chemo-therapy I might need to lay low and quiet. But if people keep calling before coming over it will work out just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment