Thursday, May 10, 2012

Port oops & fix


Today turned out to be a bet taxing. First I learned that I lost 12 lbs in just 3 weeks. Not good, could be losing lean muscle, very bad for digestion. So they do NOT want me to lose any more weight for a little while, until treatment is over. I was given instructions on the best way to maintain the weight I am at and that is very helpful.

Secondly we ended up with a problem with my port. It didn’t work today they had to give me the meds by an IV in the arm. They think they know how to correct the problem and expect it to work properly tomorrow. I am very hopeful. They have had this problem in the past and seem to know just what they are doing.

Other than a minor headache, and a feeling of yuck, not really knowing how I feel emotionally today, I am doing fine. I think after tomorrow I will feel better. They are telling me that once this first round of therapy is done I will have a very good idea of how my body is going to tolerate it. That is encouraging because it is going so well.

Computer oops stopped me from posting yesterday, so this will have to do for two days. The problem with the post was a minor one and is all worked out. We had no problems today.

1 comment:

  1. We are thinking about you, and praying you tolerate the treatment well. **hugs***

    ReplyDelete