Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Source of my Courage


Many of you ask me where did I get my strength and courage. It comes from my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I believe that what the world calls death is only a door. I believe that before I was born here on earth in 1952 I lived. In fact I believe that I lived in Heaven with Heavenly Father and his Son, Jesus Christ. I came here for three reasons, to gain a body, to gain knowledge, and to be tested, (how well do you behave when you don’t know “daddy” is watching?) I believe all of this is true for you has well.

I am almost done with my chance to gain knowledge and I have almost completed my test. What the world calls death I call a door into the next phase of eternal life. There I will be reunited with loved ones. I will get to meet great men and women from all over the world and every time period. But, what thrills me most is the thought of meeting the prophets, and apostles.

I believe that in the next phase of eternal life I will continue to gain knowledge, but I will no longer have to endure physical pain. I believe that sometime in the future like Christ I will be resurrected, this “broken” body will be given back to me. However, at that time there will be nothing wrong with it. I will no longer need to wear glasses, I will not have dyslexia, or cancer, or any other ailment.

Where do these ideas come from? Good question, they are the teachings of my Church. If you are looking for Christ like courage you might want to check this out. Go to the official website for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. There in the privacy of your own home you can read what we believe in. If you want to learn more or talk to others of my faith then you can ask for missionaries to come and teach you. But you have control over when or if you ask for missionaries. If you go to this website I would encourage you to pray to Heavenly Father for yourself to see if what you are reading is true. That is what I did. I am a convert to this Church.

The official website for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
www.lds.org



No comments:

Post a Comment