Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Updating all of you sorry it has taken so long



Hi Friends

I know that is has been several days since I have posted anything on my blog. It has been a very busy few days, company from Manila, (my brother, Jim), has kept the house very busy. But that is far from all. I chose to rearrange my bedroom. It needed to be done. I had taken several days accepting the fact that soon I may need a hospital bed. Although I do not have one yet we, (Mom & I) thought it would be smartest to be prepared before it was ordered.

It has taken more out of me than I expected to get this done, even though all I have done is the “heavy” looking on. The room is still not done, but one major factor has been accomplished, we moved my dresser out from in front of the heating vent.  

Today was an extremely busy day for me. In fact I greatly over did things. I started by having my first Rakia treatment. It was great I really did learn how to relax and I am starting to learn how to release the tension and ease the pain. Just has we started this my cane was delivered, and it had to be adjusted to the right height so we had to stop take care of that and then start all over again.

Then one of my dear friends came over to help me to work on getting my bedroom reorganized. Again I did more watching than working. Durning this a Brother from the Church came over, just as my middle son, wife and her son showed up. I had asked my son to move my dresser for me along with a box. So that slowed things down again. In fact it got to the point that I had to go and lay down. But I could lay down and do some guiding of my friend on the work I needed. My needing to lay down seem to break up the “party” because just after that everyone except my brother Jim left. He then went back to cooking dinner for us. He fixed us a typical Philippine meal.

Usually my Mom goes over to her friend’s house on Monday’s they have a desert visit and play cards. Tonight Mom invited these friends over to our house for this special dinner and Jim told us all about life in Manila, for him. The meal and the talk was great.

Although with all of this happening on the same day it was just too much  again I kind of spoiled the party. I just had to go and lay down again. I guess that signaled everyone to leave. This time that included my brother going to his hotel room, our house is just too small, with Brooke and the girls staying with us. Beside my brother wanted to stay in a hotel.

My room is still not settled the way I want it to be but great progress is being made. Today (Tuesday) I am going to work on it by myself and do a lot of resting.  That is after a gentleman from Stavros comes by to teach me how to hire and fire my Personal Care Attendant, and how to fill out the time slip so that she can be paid. I think this is rather important to know. But no one else is expected to come over. And I am so tired that I pray no one will stop by. I need a couple of days of rest.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that you looked exhausted yesterday. I plan to do some other things today and I won't visit. Answering prayers that I not be someplace, is something I can do. I'll be back on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't take that wrong I love your company. But you are right I was exhausted. I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday. I slept until noon today!

    ReplyDelete