Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Advicating for myself

Today I called Dr Jabiev's office and raised a little hell. I told them about the crap I was told about needing to have more tests done. The lady I spoke to reviewed my hospital records and said that I had, had all of the tests that needed to be done, at least for now.

So a message was sent to D'Amour Cancer Center about getting me in there sooner.  So later today I got a call and they have moved my appointment from the 21st to the 16th. Wow, a whole week sooner. I am not happy with this.

But I also was called back from Dr. Jabiev's office and they moved my appointment with him from the 9th to the 5th. I plan to see what I can learn at that time about waiting so long to get into the cancer center.

I have been trying to learn about the treatment for this type of cancer, not much luck. The American Cancer Society website doesn't tell you anything. So I called the Cancer Centers of America just to get information and no private insurance so no information!! That was oh so helpful NOT!!!

If anyone reading this blog knows where I can get information on the different types of treatment for Adrenal Cortical Cancer please let me know!! Having no idea of what I face scares me to death!

I did a search on the Dana Farber website and got nothing.

An old friend of mine and her husband took me out to City Stage tonight to help get my mind of my troubles and it worked. I really had a good time and laughed a lot. We saw the stage show Forever Kings.

Earlier today I was very low and angry but now I am happier. I finally spent a little time crying for myself. I think in a way that might have been good for me. To get it out of my system.

1 comment:

  1. Survival rates:
    http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/AdrenalCorticalCancer/OverviewGuide/adrenal-cortical-cancer-overview-survival-rates

    Don't follow the link unless you really want to know.

    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/adrenocortical

    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/adrenocortical/Patient/page4

    I hope this helps. Love and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete