Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bone Density Test & D'Amour Cancer Center

Today I went in and had a bone density test. They tell us that nuclear stuff is not good for us yet they use it in medicine????

I went in at 10:30 to get an injection of some sort of nuclear stuff. Then three hours latter is was back to the hospital so they could take images of all my bones.  I got to see a couple of the images. I just saw what looked like little dots of light, that moved around on the screen.

I was told that if I was on any pain medicine to take some about an hour before I came back, so I did.  They put something over the toes of my shoes to keep my feet together. Then they restrained me. Kind of like a pompous (what Indians carried their babies in) to keep my arms still by my side. I was expected to hold very still for about an hour.

When they started I had RJ and Liz taking care of me, the next thing I knew Joanna was doing my care. She is of Asian descent and spoke with an accent. I had fallen asleep and they were almost done taking the images.

Modern science is amazing. My endocrinologist will have the results either later today or tomorrow. I think this is wonderful. I go to see Doctor "J" (Jabiev) next week on Thursday. I pray that by then he will be able to give me a final diagnosis and suggest treatment options.

Now onto D'Amour Cancer Center. They have me a little worried. I meet a Doctor Hu last Friday and she told me she would see me this Friday to transfer my care from the main hospital over to the cancer center. She said they would call me Monday with the appointment.

No call yesterday so I called them. The lady I spoke to said that she was told to schedule me three weeks out because I had more test to be done. I told her that the only test I was told about was the bone density test that I had just come home from. She is going to send a message to Dr. Hu and see what is going on. I hope to hear from this lady tomorrow. I pray that it is a miscommunication error and not more tests!!!

I don't want to wait until the 23rd of March to start treatment if I don't have to. And if they need to do more tests on me I want to know when, where and why. I thought that last week they did enough poking and prodding of me!

By the way Brooke came with me to this appointment and we had a good day together. She is being very supportive. I am very blessed to have her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment