Thursday, August 9, 2012

9 Aug 2012


Thursday

This morning two of my granddaughter got a lesson in how I take my medication. They had never seen me crush my pills and put them through my G Tube. I think it was good for them to see it and have me explain why I have to do it. I feel that the more I can teach them the less they will be afraid. I am so use to doing this, after nearly a month that it doesn’t bother me at all. I hope that my attitude made them calm about it.
Today was not a good day when it came to food, I could not find much that my stomach liked. But I listened to two good addresses today and that helped me have a good attitude for the day. Thankfully between a quiet house and good talks I was able to relax and make it a good day. 

I believe that it is totally up to me weather I have a good day or not. I work very hard to not let food or pain control my emotions. The area around the entry of my G Tube has bothered me all day and I have no idea why. This site seems to be having some discharge and I don’t know why that is happening either. But I will clean it and tell the nurse tomorrow when she gets here. 

If I keep the site clean I know that I will be okay luckily I have all the supplies that I need to do that. Kate is very good at keeping me in the proper supplies I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment